United States History
1. Students will experience a transforming, saving life with Jesus Christ.
2. Students will develop their abilities in the image of God. Students will become thinkers, not mere reflectors of others thoughts.
3. Students will be able to explain the foundation of American history and how that foundation shapes our country today.
4. Students will be able to define the American Spirit and determine what impact it has in their lives.
5. Students will be able to communicate the circumstances that have shaped the world and more specifically, the U.S. in the present and use that information to interpret current events.
6. Students will use judgment and analytical skills to develop historical and personal perspective.
US History Syllabus 09-10